I also have periods of ‘unemployment’ so I understand your misery so much. All day pretending do not know what to do, even if we can gather friends or hanging out or sitting at home watching movies, they are always bored and exhausted.
But being the potato couch is not a good idea!
It is not easy to find dream job
There are 10 things we can do daily (totally free) to 1) Less free, ‘2) Smarter and 3) More work to do.
- Make a CV in Word with a length of 1-2 pages. (Cost: 0). (Time spent: 1-9 hours).
- Use WordPress, Weebly or Wix to make for yourself a really simple website. If you’ve ever written something, then design something or join in any project that has an image, put it all together and upload to your website. (Cost: 0). (Time spent: 1-9 hours).
- Record a video for 90 seconds introducing who you are, what you are good at and what you can do for others. For example, you can see how to introduce yourself here. Remember to find a beautiful light, beautiful space to do.
- If the sound is not clear, invest a headset with microphone to have a better quality.
- For better video editing, you can add some effects that you like. If you use Window, try Movie Maker or ProShow. If you are using a MacBook, then try to use iMovie. They’re free. In addition, if you want to learn how to edit video then go search Google and type “how to use [name of software]” then click Enter. After fixing a bunch of videos, I am confident that I can edit the video easily.
- Upload the video as much as you can, including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and then the website that we just created above.
- Create a LinkedIn account. If you do not have one then create one, many employers are using LinkedIn to find candidates.
- Find emails of all possible employers and email them. Send them yours CVs and videos you just made above, asking them if there are any positions they can offer. Every day strive to send emails to 10-20 people offline.
- How to find the contact is: Stay up to LinkedIn to see the post about recruiting, there are so many people leave emails. On the company website, look for Recruiting or Career, there are many available positions.
- A week later, e-mail them again to ask if they have received it, and thank you for taking the time to read it. You can try to do about a month to see, sure type of people also have an interview. I swear, I promise, I guarantee.
Here is an example how recruiting process at a big company look like, you can find it useful in for the job hunting:
– Đăng Đăng –